Wednesday, March 5

Learning Each Others Language

Rebecca and me are still learning each others languages. I am taking an intermediate signing class for the second time. Last week my teacher was out and so our class went the advanced class. I am definately an intermediate signer and I would say that Rebecca also has an intermediate language base. We still have a long way to go, but I look forward to the journey of getting there. I don't know how long it takes to become a fluent signer, but I know I've been signing for 6 months and I still have a lot to learn.

We are also still learning how to talk to each other. I'm learning how to explain things so that Rebecca understands it the first time instead of me repeating it 4 or 5 different ways before she "gets" it (or gives up, I'm not sure). She is also learning how to talk to me so that it doesn't take that much effort on her part. I know we each get frustrated, but it is improving - we are just stuck on intermediate and I'm ready to be advanced.

4 comments:

Deb Ann and Hannah said...

I'm so proud of you! It brought me a tear. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I know Reb is grateful to have you as a wonderful mother that you can communicate with her! big smiles...

smileysk8 said...

I know it has to be hard at times, it is for us! I am happy to hear y'all are working together to communicate better. I am so excited she now wants to be adopted. God bless!

Shari said...

I've been doing my blog rounds and trying to catch up on your blog here. Great improvements and growth. I'm glad things are coming together for you.

God bless.